Packaging & Delivery
Our aim is to make as little impact on the environment as possible. We have carefully selected eco-friendly compostable and/or recycleable packaging, as well as couriers with ethical environmental missions.
- Boxes - Our premium boxes are made from high strength cardboard boxes that you will be able to reuse time and time again, unless the kids get hold of the scissors and build a new den!
- Insulation - The insulation is made from wool, being a natural fibre not only is it sustainable, recyclable and biodegradable, but it is also proven to be a more effective insulation product than polystyrene at keeping chilled contents consistently colder and fresher for longer, with only half the number of ice packs.
- Refrigerant (ice packs) - The ice packs we use enable your order to remain below 5 degrees celsius for up to 48 hours. It is ultra compact and of superior performance compared to gel packs or water. The are also reusable, though not yet recyclable in the UK.
- Tape - Our paper tape is 100% recyclable
- Vacuum pouches - We are pleased to announce that from now on our meat is vacuum packed in a compostable, biodegradable and ocean friendly vacuum pouches. The biodegradable pouches turn into water, carbon dioxide and biomass without eco-toxicity after 26 weeks in a home composting environment or 24 weeks immersed in water.
We are a small team and whilst we get up to speed we will be offering deliveries once a week, dispatching on a Wednesday (on a next day delivery service) to arrive on Thursday/Friday.
Frozen products will arrive frozen thanks to our super duper packaging so rest assured that you will be able to pop it in the freezer upon delivery or leave it out for the weekends meals.
We have partnered with UK Mail (DHL) to provide delivery within 24 hours, occasionally it may take up to 48 hours, especially for our customers in Northern Ireland, The Highlands and Islands.
Please note that if there is no one at the delivery address to accept the parcel it will be left as per your delivery instructions, in the absence of instructions the driver will leave your parcel on your door step, at this point we will no longer be responsible or liable for it.