View Larger Map
Bank Ground Farm, East of the Lake, Coniston, Cumbria LA21 8AA
How to find us
- Take exit 36 on the M6 and follow the signs for Windermere and Ambleside A591.
- From Ambleside take the A593 for eight miles to Coniston.
- On approaching Coniston, turn left before the village and follow the signs for Hawkshead and Brantwood.
- At the head of the lake, turn right for Brantwood along the "East of the Lake" road.
- Bank Ground Farm can be found on the right-hand-side 3/4 mile along this road.
Please be aware due to a surge in illegal wild camping during lockdown there is currently a temporary road closure along the C5018 East of Lake road which is the only access road to Bank Ground Farm.
The good news is that it is lovely and quiet on our side of the lake as the road is closed to all except those requiring access and naturally guests booked to stay with us fall into this category. The checkpoints at either end of this road closure are sometimes patrolled, so please have proof of your booking with you in case this is needed to gain access to us. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.